New England Walkers
As always, our listing of racewalking events is not engraved in
stone. Some races are added during the season, others are changed or
canceled. It’s always best to verify the time, date and location with
the race director before setting out.
- 29 – 5K, Danehy Park, Cambridge, MA, 10:30 a.m.
Year Nine of the popular series of monthly races. The races are judged
but no one is disqualified; the judges offer encouragement and useful
advice. Contact Bill Harriman at 978-640-9676 (before 9:30 p.m.)
- 13 – 5K, Riverdale Parkway, Brookline, MA., 10:30
a.m. This is an alternative site for the monthly Danehy Park races, one
that was first tried last September with great success. Contact Justin Kuo at 617 -731-9889
- 10 – 5K, Danehy Park, Cambridge, MA, 10:30 a.m. Racewalking clinic, primarily for novices, at 9:30. Contact Bill Harriman at 978-640-9676 (before 9:30 p.m.)
- 15-16 – Massachusetts Senior Games
for competitors Age 50 and older. 1500-meter and 3K racewalks at
Springfield College. Turnout is usually high and judging not terribly
strict. 413-748-3812 or e-mail.
- 17 – 3K, USATF-NE Outdoor Championships, MIT track, Cambridge, MA. Grand Prix event, always well-run. New England Track And Field office, 617-566-7600.
- 4 – Dedham 5-miler, Dedham, MA. An unjudged walking division as part of the town’s holiday road race.
- 8 – 5K, Riverdale Parkway, Brookline, MA., 10:30 a.m. Contact Justin Kuo at 617 -731-9889
- 14 – 3K, Bay State Games,
MIT track, Cambridge, MA, 9 a.m. Grand Prix event, open to all New
England Walkers members whether they live in Massachusetts or not.
Nicely run event. You get a T-shirt and singlet, and if you finish in
the top six in your gender you take home a jacket as well. 781-932-6555.
- July 21 – Eastern Masters 5K championship,
Springfield College, MA. Another Grand Prix staple on our calendar;
always a smoothly-run event. New England Track And Field office, 617-566-7600.
- 3-5 – 5K and 10K racewalks, National Masters
Outdoor Track & Field championships, University of Maine, Orono.
Grand Prix races. The third time this meet has come to Maine since
1998. Competitors come from all over the country, and top-flight
T&F officials manage the many events adroitly. Walking events are
separate for men and women on both track (3K) and road (a flat
traffic-free loop on campus for the 10K). New England Track And Field office, 617-566-7600.
- 12 – 5K, Danehy Park, Cambridge, MA, 10:30 a.m. Contact Bill Harriman at 978-640-9676 (before 9:30 p.m.)
- 9 – 10K, Riverdale Parkway, Brookline, MA. New
this year: expansion of the final monthly 5K into a 10K and making it a
Grand Prix event. Time and other details to come. Contact Justin Kuo at 617 -731-9889.
- 14 – National One-Hour Championships, Bentley
College, Waltham, MA. Our New England Association has hosted this event
15 times since 1989, and we’ve always drawn competitors from around the
country. An exciting race to be part of, as a competitor or in a
supporting role. New England Track And Field office, 617-566-7600.
- Sometime in October or November – Connecticut
Racewalkers 10K. Difficulty in securing a track makes for little
advance notice for this race, but it’s one of the friendliest and
best-produced events of the year. Stay tuned for details.
- Date to come – New England Walkers 10K, potluck
lunch and annual meeting, Groton, MA. Our grand season-ending tradition
since the ‘80s. Mark this on your calendars as soon as details are set.
39 Oakland Road
Brookline, MA 02245-6700
| Suggestion Box | Search
Corrections? Contact Justin